Freelance Web Designer
Equisolve is seeking a creative, smart, and experienced design professional to help support our team. As a freelance Web Designer, your primary responsibility is to execute design solutions under the visual direction and guidance of our Creative & Art Directors.
About the Role
- The primary responsibility for this position is to support the Design Team by jumping in and working on client-based web projects.
- This would include designing pages and production assets following a set art direction or starting from a blank canvas, depending on what is needed for the project
- Every project will include a brief, any applicable assets or imagery, and a project lead – a Creative or Art Director assigned to the project that will be there for guidance, questions, and management.
- Actual design files will need to follow our standardized process set up between our Design and Development teams (i.e. how layered groups are ordered, how exported assets are named, etc…)
- The position calls for a fluid communication – including taking the initiative for clarification, if needed, to be able to execute on any revisions/feedback. If you have any ideas on our process, we are always looking to improve and make everyone’s lives easier.
- This position is a remote independent role - we are not hovering Art Directors. As such, time and deadline management are critical.
- Please note: This is role is a Freelance/Hourly-Rate position, not a full-time position
- You got top-notch design talent with strong skills in typography, design, and layout. You have a solid online portfolio of high-quality work with obsessive attention to detail
- You can do a lot with a little if need be and don’t mind working on everything from low-level asset creation to full-fledged websites
- You have open availability that can handle a good amount of workload (no shortage of it here).
- You know and have industry-standard software – We primarily use Sketch, using supporting Adobe CS applications (ie. Photoshop, Illustrator) when needed
- You’re familiar with design systems – we have our own Sketch-based Design System that is shared between the team
- You’re familiar with task-based web applications – we use Teamwork to assign tasks, set priorities, and give feedback
- You’re familiar with cloud-based file sharing – we use Dropbox to share files between teams
- You have a working knowledge of HTML & CSS – you know how the web works and how it impacts your design decisions
- You have strong written and oral communication skills – particularly if you prefer to use a chat client with us (Slack)
- You have a love and passion for the web, design, and technology – a true student to the industry that keeps up on the latest design trends and functionality
- Digital agency experience is a plus
- Print design knowledge a plus (rare occasions it comes up)
- Casual, friendly atmosphere and an A+ team.
- Ability to work remotely